Thursday, May 9, 2013

Another Lesson Learned

Although I haven't made a lot of sales, I definitely have a best seller.  It is the black onyx ring shown below.



I have sold 4 of these rings, out of the 9 total, and it has been favorited 78 times, out of 221 total favorites.  Obviously, people like this ring.  You can also get this ring with a 4mm moonstone, which is my 2nd best seller and second in favorites.  

So, what do I do?  I totally go away from this style ring and start listing rings on rectangular, wider bands, like those in the last post (Experiments in Photography).  I have not sold one of the wider band rings with the small stones.

I had the AHA! moment this morning and spent this afternoon making new narrow stacking rings.  I am going to make one for each stone, since that was last week's lesson.  Hope to have them photographed and listed next week.

In other news, my son is taking me to see Iron Man 3 for Mother's Day. (Okay, he's 14, so I am making him go to see Iron Man 3 with me, but I tried to make it sound good.)  My daughter, her husband and my grandson spent a couple of days with us this week.  She is due with grandson #2 at the end of this month and thought she had gone into labor early.  Our house is 10 minutes from the hospital, compared to the 45 minutes from their house, so they stayed here.  I really enjoyed having them around.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment