Monday, May 6, 2013

Experiments in Photography

As I said on Thursday, I am in the process of rephotographing my jewelry for Etsy.  I have been looking all over the web for tips on taking pictures, but most sites apply to Digital SLR cameras, which I don't have.  I do have a decent camera, a Fujifilm Finepix S1800Fujifilm Finepix S1800.  It has performed well in the past. 

I have a light box to use, and I am trying different backdrops.  So far, I think I like the black best.  I don't like using the available black velvet displays available, the black looks too harsh to me, so I tried using a neoprene tablet case.  I think it looks pretty good, but I will keep trying other objects.



                           

                                    










Stacking Ring with 4mm Lapis on Sterling Band                                               Under the Sea! Stacking Ring Set

I do adjust the balance and contrast in Photoshop, but don't really have a lot of experience with the program.  I don't want to do too many adjustments because I don't want people to think the items don't look good on their own.  Any adjustments I make are to make the object look like it really does.

I'm also still looking for articles with good advice for us folks that don't have DSLR cameras, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment